Automotive is one of the unique industrial sectors at the Israeli Hi-Tech, civil -consumer market.
The Automotive sector is divided to two typical segments:
1. Companies who develop products for the ‘after-sale’ stage –meaning the product is purchased by the car end-user and mounted privately – than the qualification tests are done according to international standards.
2. Companies who develop products for worldwide Automotive manufacturers such as GM, Volvo, DAF, Etc… and the international customer dictate to the developer subcontractor to perform qualification tests per his special handbook certification manual based on well-known international standards and unique tests. .
In most cases, the automotive unit should withstand tests at four compliance Engineering tests Laboratories:
Environmental (ENV.) Lab., Electromagnetic (EMC) Lab., Product Safety Lab., HALT & HASS Lab.
The qualification standards and tests are quite diversity;
· ENV.:- Vibration, Temperature, Humidity , I.P. grade Salt spray, immersion test with Automotive chemical’s, Transportation and more per IEC , ETSI, ASTM NEBS (GR-63) standards
· EMC. – Radiation, Immunity, ESD , Voltage Fluctuation , Lighting and more per IEC ,EN (61000,55022) ,CISPR, FCC, NEBS (GR-1089) Telcordia, AS/NZS, CAN/USA & FTZ standards
· Safety: - Product failure Hazard via User Safety per EN & UL Standards (mostly per 60950) for CE and TUV marks.
· HALT & HASS: - Most of the automotive customers – End-Users & Manufacturers use this methodology for improving product reliability. It became very common at any Automotive Product SOW specification
QualiTech technical staffs have extremely experience and they obliged to consult the customers during product tests result deviation event. QualiTech labs’ have excellent reputation and customer orientation since year 2000.